Published on September 29th, 2017 | by MH Preschool AY 2017/180
A Note from Ms. Amy’s Desk
Term 1/Wk 6 – 29 September 2017
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to all our preschool family!
Our young learners had a great time learning about the origins of the festival and tried their hands on making snow-skin moon cakes to be brought home to share you their families. We would also like to welcome the new Pre-Nursery families that will be joining us after the October holiday.
In alignment with our Strategic Focus – Values Education and Character Development, we are launching our very first SSIS campaign from 9 October. The campaign slogan is “Greetings Communicate Care”. We hope to build a warm and friendly community through acknowledging one another with care. We would also like to congratulate the recipients of our “Best Mannered Child” award for the month of September for being Great Greeter! Continue to strive for your best children!
After the October break, SSIS parents will receive a new FAMILY card that shows their photo; and on the reverse side, it will display the respective SSIS student(s) belonging in the same family. Families who have applied for their drivers and other designated person to fetch their child(ren) will also be getting new self pick-up cards after the October holidays.
All adults entering the school compound must swipe their SSIS card at Gate 1 and wear their card visibly on them throughout their stay in school. For more details on the enhanced safety procedures with the new cards, please refer to the insert when you receive the FAMILY and PICK-UP cards from your child’s form teacher.
- Parents are to log on to http://powerschool.ssis.asia to create an account on the Parent Portal IMMEDIATELY if you have not done so. Please DO NOT leave any fields/information empty; put “N.A.” if not applicable.
Technical support is available via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- School will be closed 2-6 October due to the China National Day holiday; lesson will resume on Monday, 9 October 2017.
- Our annual Super Family Day has been scheduled for Saturday, 28 October 2017 at Minhang Campus. The due date for registration is Monday, 9 October; we look forward to your participation.
- The next “Tea with Ms Amy” session will be scheduled on Friday, 20 October 2017 between 2.30pm to 3.15pm.
Stay safe to all families travelling out of Shanghai during the week long break and for those staying put, have a restful holiday too!
Message from PSG Liaison
Parenting Workshop for Parents with Children aged 0 – 10
Do you want to be a more confident parent? Ever wished that you have other parents
to share parenting experiences with? Join this course to:
- Pick up some helpful tips and skills
- Gain some confidence through the lessons and sharing sessions
The workshop will focus on different areas of parenting. We will:
- Watch a video
- Discuss questions in English-speaking or Chinese-speaking groups
- Topics include –
- Building Strong Foundations
- Meeting Our Children’s Needs
- Setting Boundaries
- Our Long-Term Aim
Spaces are limited to 30 parents.
Sign up now using the attached link https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=pyEeNfVIC0aVVCMEunuQBt1JDSHKzktBrGhvONbmi-hUMTJMWkgzWkIyOU01NzhQVDVOWjBBQTZMMC4u
Your partner in your child’s early education journey~
Ms Amy and Preschool Team