Published on September 15th, 2017 | by MH Preschool AY 2017/180
A Note from Ms. Amy’s Desk
Term 1/Wk 4
With cooler weather over the week and the leaves turning brown, it’s time for our little ones to be “layered-up” as autumn sets in. Autumn is also the season for flu and cold it is important for us to continue to be vigilant to ensure the little ones get enough rest and a balance diet with lots of fluid. Please do send in a light jacket and change the regular water bottle into a thermal flask to ease our young learners into winter.
It is the Preschool Division Mid-Autumn Festival tradition for our young learners to get creative and make a lantern out of recyclable materials (e.g. milk cartons, egg cartons, etc…) with their family. The details will be sent home in your child/children’s communication folders today. This not only encourage family closeness but also provides a platform for our students to be aware of the importance of being a good steward of the natural resources that Mother Earth has blessed us with ~ learning about “Reduce, Recycle and Reuse”; and leading a responsible and sustainable lifestyle.
1. Parents are to log on to http://powerschool.ssis.asia to create an account on the Parent Portal IMMEDIATELY if you have not done so. Please DO NOT leave any fields/information empty; put “N.A.” if not applicable.
Technical support is available via email email@example.com
2. Nursery cohort “Family Picnic” will take place on Friday, 22 September 2017. Details will be found in your child’s Form Teachers weekly email.
3. Mid-Autumn celebration will take place on Friday, 29 September 2017. Be on the look out for a mooncake treat from your child/children on that day.
4. School will be closed 2-6 October due to the China National Day holiday; lesson will resume on Monday, 9 October 2017.
5. The next “Tea with Ms Amy” session will be scheduled on Friday, 20 October 2017 between 2.30pm to 3.15pm.
Do remember to put on a light jacket while heading out in the morning as we enjoy the cool autumn breeze. Have a lovely and restful weekend ahead!
Your partner in your child’s early education journey~
Ms Amy and Preschool Team