Published on September 1st, 2017 | by MH Preschool AY 2017/180
A Note from Ms. Amy’s Desk
Term 1/Wk 2
It has been a fruitful first 2 weeks of school with more smiles and less tears as our young learners settle in to their school routine~ BIG HUGS to the little ones for being brave and a PAT ON THE BACK for all parents for allowing your child/children to take their first step beyond the comfort of home. We are very sure their confidence level will continue to grow in the weeks and months to come. Looking forward to a “NO MORE TEARS WEEK” as we move into Week 3 comes Monday~
One the goal in SSIS Preschool is to ensure our young learners are not only getting an input of content knowledge; but also to be well anchored with values and good characters. The children will be introduced common school rules and expectation of appropriate behaviours throughout the academic year. This will help mould them into becoming a kind and gracious person. As our partners in your child’s learning journey we would highly recommend for the following rules/expectations to be reinforced at home.
- Speaking using our Indoor Voice
- Using our Walking Feet indoor
- Greeting our Teachers and Friends
- We take turns and say “Please” and “Thank You”
I will be more than delighted to share with you ideas on how to reinforce these appropriate behaviours at home during our monthly “Tea with Ms Amy” session scheduled on Friday, 15 September 2017. Looking forward to meeting you!
- Please inform your child’s Form Teacher well in advance should you need to make changes to your child’s dismissal/pick-up arrangement.
- Please ensure your child comes in their uniform each day. This is to ensure their safety within the campus ground. If you need any clarification regarding uniform matters you may refer to Pg 23 in your child’s Communication Book.
- Parents are to log on to http://powerschool.ssis.asia to create an account on the Parent Portal IMMEDIATELY if you have not done so. It is IMPORTANT for you to update your personal information on the Parent Portal as and when necessary. Technical support is available via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be conducting a Fire-Drill sometime during Week 4 of Term 1 (11-15 September 2017). Your child/children will be briefed on the fire evacuation procedure next week during assembly.
Your partner in your child’s early education journey~
Ms Amy and Preschool Team